Although the circuit is an evolution of the DOD 250 Overdrive Pre-Amp, just like its sister Black Rose the Yellow Spiral makes use of Nanolog’s carbon clipping tecnhology in combination with more traditional diodes in order to achieve a wider palette of tone.
Two controls stand out:
- Girth is a 6-Position rotary knob that increases the low-end without affecting the high end.
- A three way toggle switch selects between these diodes:
1. N2 + LED
3. N2 + Silicon
If you are wondering what kind of use this pedal can have, the manufacturers assures us that the sky’s the limit:
…tone sweetener, clean boost, dirty boost, low-gain distortion, mid-gain distortion, amp input punisher, and “unleashing the fury, everything on 10” lead shred-o-rama.
Check out the demos, below.
The Yellow Spiral Drive has a wide variety of uses: “Always on” tone sweetener, clean boost, dirty boost, low-gain distortion, mid-gain distortion, amp input punisher, and “unleashing the fury, everything on 10” lead shred-o-rama. Select changes to the basic circuit also make the Yellow Spiral sound fantastic on bass with none of the low-end loss commonly associated with this circuit. The addition of the Nanolog N2 Quantum Junction, the Girth control, as well as selectable clipping sections adds a useful and modern spin to this classic circuit.
- 6-Position rotary tone network retains your highs but increases low-end “Girth.”
- Very touch-sensitive, goes from chime to grind with just an increase in pick attack
- Excellent clean-up with guitar volume knob
- Circuit Based on DOD 250 Overdrive Pre-Amp with choice alterations
- Nanolog N2 Molecular Junction
Three-Way toggle Voicing:
- N2 + LED
- N2 + Silicon
- True Bypass
- Industrial, Textural, Chemical Oxide Top
- Laser-Etched Graphics
- Brushed Aluminum Chassis
- High-Quality Parts Throughout
- Mix of classic and high-tech in both aesthetics and sonics