The new Tsakalis Audioworks Molecular Boost is a highly configurable Boost and Buffer that can also act as a Volume pedal if connected to an Expression device. Four DIP switches on the side panel let you transform it into a frequency booster (depending on the configuration of the first two switches, pushing extra highs, mid highs or mids). The third switch is a low-pass filter, while the fourth turns on the Expression pedal control.
This pedal made Premier Guitar Best of NAMM 2020 list! Here’s the video of it we shot at our Stompbox Booth at NAMM 2020, the pedal is scheduled to ship starting April 15th.
Boost – Preamp – Buffer – Volume Pedal
The Molecular boost is a small but powerful and versatile stomp box. It can be used as a buffer, a booster, a pre-amp or a volume pedal and it can be placed anywhere in your rig. An internal voltage doubler ensures that the Molecular boost can handle any signal level, leaving the quality of your tone intact. A dual high speed FET opamp is responsible for matching the impedance of most pickups and piezos and for accurately preserving the character of any instrument plugged into it, while driving even the longest cables without any signal loss.
Enjoy a generous amount of boost (from 0db. to +18db.) by adjusting the easily accessible external knob.
4 external DIP switches
Use the four external dip switches on the left side of the Molecular to dive into some serious tone shaping and to access extra features:
- DIP1 & DIP2 are responsible for the boosted frequency range
DIP1 & DIP2 down: Boost high frequencies (treble booster)
DIP1 up & DIP2 down: Boost high mid frequencies
DIP1 down & DIP2 up: Boost mid frequencies
DIP1 & DIP2 up: Boost all frequencies (clean booster)
- DIP 3 up: engages a high cut filter
- DIP4 up: engages the xp input when the pedal is in buffered bypass mode
True bypass – Buffered bypass
Also, an internal switch allows selecting between True bypass and Buffered bypass modes, so that you experience zero signal loss even when the pedal is bypassed (buffered bypass mode).
There is more! Connect any volume or expression pedal to the xp input to control the overall volume of the boosted signal when the pedal is engaged, or the unity level when the pedal is disengaged and in buffered bypass mode. (external DIP 4 must be up)
- Handmade in Athens, Greece
- Buffer, Boost, Pre-amp, Volume Pedal
- 2 DIP switches for selecting boost frequency range
- 1 DIP switch for high cut filter
- 1 DIP switch for enabling/disabling xp input when in buffered bypass mode
- Internal switch for True bypass or Buffered bypass
- Internal voltage doubler
- Power Supply : 9V Boss-type DC adapter (center -)
- Max power consumption : 10mA @ 9V DC
- Heavy duty & light weight aluminum box
- Dimensions : 32mm(Width) x 98mm(Length) x 50mm(Height)
- T.A.W. Limited Life-Time warranty