Nashville’s Hologram Electronics has been at the forefront of creative (or rather, “out there”!) effects pedals since the release of their debut device, the Dream Sequence, followed by the even more popular Infinite Jets. They recently announced their third creation, that, from the looks of it, seems to take things to a new level.
Enter Microcosm, which, in a few words, appears to be a multi-mode granular looper/delay/phrase looper with added filter and reverb. Here on the right, you can find a detail of the pedal’s mode panel
- 11 unique granular and looping effects with 44 preset variations
- Stereo Input/Output
- Expression Input, mappable to many controls
- MIDI In/Out/Thru, clock synchronization
- 60 sec. Phrase Looper with many configuration options
- 16 User Preset slots for saving loops and settings
- Stereo Reverb (with 4 reverb styles)
- “Hold” sampler function to freeze effects and patterns
- Adjustable Pitch Modulation
- Resonant Lowpass Filter
- Choose between True Bypass Switching / Buffered Bypass with trails
- Tap Tempo
The Microcosm is scheduled to ship in April 2020 but can be pre-ordered here. As of now there’s only one video online, the one below – it sounds very promising!