Manitoba’s REVV Amplification has built a solid reputation designing and building high quality boutique guitar amps, and have expanded to the pedal market in the spring of 2018 with the (purple) REVV G3 Distortion, which instantly found lots of love among many pedal videographers.
The Canadian builder surprised everybody by releasing also the (red) REVV G4 over the Christmas holidays, a distortion featuring the same exact controls as the G3, but – of course – a slightly different palette of sounds.
The G4 is the pedal version of the red channel of the company’s 120 Generator tube amplifire, which has more gain and saturation than the purple channel offered by the G3.
As dynamic and tight as the G3, this is a pedal that works wonder for sludge medal folks who like to drop their tuning (see Ryan Bruce’s video below).
Revv’s Red Channel 4 is a thick gain monster that still has the nuance to cover oldschool tones. The G4 is an amp-voiced pedal based on this tone used by premier touring & recording guitarists worldwide.
Applying feedback we’ve received from the G3 – we’ve developed the polar opposite to its surgical, mid-forward Purple Channel voicing. The G4 is a great place to start for thick saturated amp-like tones & a complement to the G3 or any existing rig.
- Amp in a box:
Big distorted amp tone, organic feel, & 3 voicing options.
- Plays nice with:
Combos, Heads, Pedalboard Rigs, in Effects Loops, w/ Cab Modeling.
- Form Factor:
Small Single-Space Enclosure, Standard 9v Power (center negative 9v external power supply only), Durable Construction, Top-Mounted Jacks, Blue LED, Laser Etching.
- Based on Revv’s Red Channel — The channel that started it all – huge, satisfying tone that still slices through a mix. This amp-voiced pedal lets you bring that tone to a pedal-platform amp, fly-rig, studio, or even just a tight budget.
- Rich, Wide, Fat Tone — If the G3 is a scalpel the G4 is a sledgehammer. You will find huge extended low & high end presence in this pedal with tons of gain on tap.
- Three Aggression Voices — Red for all out saturation & thickness. Great for fat leads & chunky rhythms. Blue reigns in extra frequencies a bit to tighten things up. Off will get you great classic tones, & dynamic blues breakup.
- New Versatile Tone Possibilities — The extra sag makes the G4 feel great & work for everything from modern metal to classic rock. It’s even an inspiring blues box with the gain rolled off!
- Build Your Own Tone — The G4 is a great way to build your own pedal-based rig around a clean amp, cab sim, or for studio use. Use with the G3 for rhythm + lead, crunch + high gain – & combine with your current favorite pedals.