The Tensor is the latest special effects pedal by Red Panda, with “reverse and tape stop effects, pitch shifting, time stretching and hold functions that you can combine in creative ways.”
Here are a series of videos for ya’ll, more info at the bottom!
Demo of the Tensor by A Bunch of Pedals, below:
The Red Panda folks came over to our NAMM Stompbox Booth to shot this video of the much awaited Tensor, a pedal we decided to define as “Sample Mangler,” check it out!
Discover more new devices in our comprehensive, interactive page of new pedals announced at NAMM 2018.
The Tensor™ gives you live reverse and tape stop effects, pitch shifting, time stretching and hold functions that you can combine in creative ways. Slow down, speed up and rewind in real time. Stretch or compress time with no pitch change. Loop, overdub, and randomly slice phrases up to 4.8 seconds.
Intelligent randomization adapts to the knob settings. The results range from occasional CD skips, stutters, and rhythmic repeats to random slicing and erratic pitch shifts. Both foot switches have momentary and latching modes to inject pitch jumps, glitches, or instantly rewind what you just played.
The Tensor™ is in a pedalboard-friendly enclosure with all jacks on top. All controls are immediately accessible with well-spaced knobs for live tweaking, and USB MIDI for recording and sequencing.
- Tape speed from reverse to stop to forward
- Realtime time stretch up to 4:1
- Loop time compression and stretch from 1:4 to 4:1
- Pitch shift from -2 to +2 octaves
- Intelligent randomization
- Overdub, replace, and dual buffer (next) loop modes
- Forward/alternate/reverse loop direction
- Momentary or latching foot switches
- CV-friendly expression pedal input (0-3.3V)
- +5.5 dBu maximum input level (adjustable to +7.2 dBu)
- USB MIDI