Nashville’s Hologram Electronics has been at the forefront of creative (or rather, “out there”!) effects pedals since the release of their debut device, the Dream Sequence, followed by the even more popular Infinite Jets. They recently announced their third creation, that, from the looks of it, seems to take things to a new level.
Enter the Hologram Microcosm, which, in a few words, appears to be a multi-mode granular looper/delay/phrase looper with added filter and reverb. Here on the right, you can find a detail of the pedal’s mode panel
- 11 unique granular and looping effects with 44 preset variations
- Stereo Input/Output
- Expression Input, mappable to many controls
- MIDI In/Out/Thru, clock synchronization
- 60 sec. Phrase Looper with many configuration options
- 16 User Preset slots for saving loops and settings
- Stereo Reverb (with 4 reverb styles)
- “Hold” sampler function to freeze effects and patterns
- Adjustable Pitch Modulation
- Resonant Lowpass Filter
- Choose between True Bypass Switching / Buffered Bypass with trails
- Tap Tempo
The Microcosm is now shipping and can be ordered here. As of now these are the videos of it you can find online – it sounds very promising!
Microcosm rearranges and reinterprets your sound in new and exciting ways using a variety of granular sampling, delay, and looping techniques. Cascading microloops can be locked into tight tap-tempo synced rhythms, diffused into glacial ambient textures, woven into hypnotic drones, and much more.
Microcosm’s 11 groundbreaking effects (with a total of 44 preset variations) allow you to slice, stretch, rearrange, and manipulate your playing in musical ways. Tweak the sound further using Microcosm’s built-in pitch modulation, lush stereo reverb (with 4 selectable modes), and resonant lowpass filter.
When you’ve found a sound you like, the built-in stereo phrase looper can capture up to 60 seconds of your performance and even allows for layering phrases from different effects. All loops, overdubs, and settings can be saved and recalled later using the pedal’s 16 user presets.