Electro-Harmonix has something new for us. Looks pretty snazzy! The award winning HOG (Harmonic Octave Generator) earned kudos from players and reviewers alike because of its ability to generate ten, totally polyphonic and glitch free voices ranging from two octaves below to four above the instrument’s pitch – all without the need for a special pickup or instrument mods of any kind.
Now EHX takes things to the next level with the HOG2 and HOG2 Foot Controller. In addition to all of the great features of the original HOG, it offers:
- Sophisticated new algorithms to improve the quality of the ten generated octaves and harmonics as well as the Freeze function
- Full MIDI control over all parameters and presets
- Master Volume for added control and convenience. Volume levels are saved as part of a preset
- Save and recall up to 100 preset programs with the optional foot controller (versus six with the original HOG)
Of course, it still features:
- Controllable harmonic intervals: -2 octaves, -1 octave, original note, +5th, +1 octave, +1 octave +5th, +2 octaves, +2 octaves +3rd, +3 octaves, + 4 octaves.
- 7 Expression Modes
- Freeze expression mode holds a note or chord-play over it or slide to new notes like a keyboardist playing portamento
- Amplitude envelope lengthens a note’s attack for swells or increased decay speed.
- Dedicated resonant filtering with sweepable frequency control
- Separate lower and upper harmonic amplitude envelopes
- External expression pedal included
- Standard 9VDC 200mA power supply included