Oliver from Death By Audio, who is gracing the cover of our NAMM issue of our sister publication The Deli Mag, came to see us at our NAMM 2018 Stompbox Booth with a brand new pedal called Deep Animation – an Envelope Filter.
Here’s a more recent video by Reverb.com
At the booth, we shot this video of it!
This crazy goofball responds to how you play, enveloping and filter sweeping and overdriving. Finally, the perfect wave-thumping bass moving with how hard you hit your strings. It multiplies your dynamics into a hyper, exaggerated dance. Or it adds just the right amount of movement to punch through the mix. Or it moves around with an external trigger to lock you in. The sounds are wild, the thump is thick, and the animation is deep.
Death By Audio Deep Animation Featured:
- Input: Plug an instrument in to this jack.
- Trig: Plug another instrument in to this jack to trigger the filter sweep with that instrument.
- Out: Connect this to the amplifier.
- Sensitivity: Determines the point at which the filter kicks in and how dynamic the filter shifts to the input amplitude.
- Intensity: Simultaneously blends in the resonance, amount, and grit of the filter.
- Vol: Adjusts the output volume of the DEEP ANIMATION.
- Frequency Selector: Selects the frequency range of the filter.
- Bypass: True bypass the effect.
- Up / Down: Controls the direction the filter travels when decaying after being triggered. UP sweeps the frequency from higher frequencies to lower ones.
- Additional Features: There is a subtle light which indicates when the trigger is being triggered behind the main bypass LED.
- Dimensions: 5.9″ x 4.6″ x 2.5″ (includes knobs and jacks).
- Weight: 20 oz.
- Power: 9V (runs on standard 2.1mm negative center 9V adapter or included 9V battery).
- Current Draw: 18 mA.