The BAE Audio Hot Fuzz – a beast of a pedal we first saw at our 8th Brooklyn Stpompbox Exhibit – combines a high-frequency boost and an English 1970s-style fuzz box that can be used independently or together in series to create high-frequency distortion.
The Hi Freq Boost and Fuzz sections each have an individual gain pot and true-bypass footswitch. The single-stage boost can reach up to 5kHz, while the triple-stage Fuzz section has controls for Juice, Bass and Treble.
The Hot Fuzz features an all solid-state design using low-noise transistors, and has found some pretty darn awesome admirers in Dave Stewart of Eurythmics fame and Slash from Guns’n’Roses!. It’s entirely handbuilt in the U.S. by top notch pro audio manufacturer BAE, which specializes in 500 Series modules – so you can expect these folks to understand audio in depth. It sells for $225 MAP.
For more information, watch the video below and visit BAE Audio. If you live in the NYC area and want to try in person, you know what to do…
The Hot Fuzz pedal is essentially two pedals in one. The left side is a high frequency boost and the right side is an English 1970’s style fuzz box. The Hot Fuzz can be used independently or in series to create a high frequency distortion.
- All Solid State design with 4 Bipolar, low noise transistors.
- Transistor Noise Figure <2 dB across the entire audio band.
- Individual sections for High Frequency Boost and Fuzz; each section has true bypass foot switch.
- High Frequency Boost: single stage. Up to 5kH
- Fuzz: triple stage.
- Sonically selected film, ceramic, mica, and electrolytic capacitors.
- Individual gain pots for each section. Fuzz section also has control pots for Juice, Bass, and Treble.
- Output fully adjustable from 0 to 3.5Vrms, referenced to a 40mV input signal and all controls full.
- Power: Single 9V battery; can be bypassed with external power supply and 2.5mm power jack – center Negative; battery need not be removed.
- Total Maximum current draw: <6 mA.
- Unit is powered when input is connected, whether LEDs are on or off. Remove plug from Input jack to conserve battery power.
- Handbuilt in the USA
- BAE build quality throughout.